Need inspiration for bridal party poses? Or maybe you want to shake things up in your wedding photography? Trust me, I understand your pain and I want to help!
Bridal parties can be so much fun, but taking these photos also poses a number of difficulties (since this is the biggest group you’ll be posing all day). From my experience as a wedding photographer, I’ve put together five easy poses for bridal parties, that will make your photos look effortlessly posed.
Here are five easy poses for bridal parties:
1. Stand in a straight line.
First things first, let’s get one good photo of the bridal party with everyone looking at the camera!! Typically, I start with this pose and have them do different things with their faces.
- Stand shoulder to shoulder
- Face me straight on
- Guys, put hands right over left
- Girl, put your bouquet at your belly button
- Look at me & smile!!
2. Squeeze in.
Next, I love getting a photo that looks like the bridal party is just barely fitting into the frame! This photo gets rid of empty space in between the bridal party members, and it creates a close knit / family like feel to the images.
Tell them while they’re still in the previous pose:
- Turn in towards each other
- Squeeze in really tight
- Act like there’s barely any room in the frame for everyone
- Everyone look at the bride & groom / then look at each other
3. Walk staggered.
I love getting some movement in my bridal party photos! Most of the time, the bridal party prefers to move around anyways, so they’ll look more natural and it’s a win win.
- Link arms with your aisle partner
- Stand behind the bride & groom
- Stagger yourselves
- Walk slowly towards to camera
- Look at each other and laugh.
4. Throw someone in the air.
This is a fun one for the groomsmen specifically! If the guys are down for it, it’ll get a big laugh out of everyone in the party, so it’s a great time for candids too.
- Pick up the groom
- Give him a toss in the air
It’s super simple, and leave it up for interpretation. They might do it a little different than normal and that’s totally ok!
5. Group Hug
This is another pose I love that makes the bridal party look like a tight group of friends (because they probably are!) Plus, it’ll get lots of laughs from everyone which makes for great candids.
- Everybody crowd around the bride & groom
- Leave a space open in front of the bride & groom so no one blocks them
- Have everybody group hug
- Try asking the bride & groom to kiss and everyone else cheers!